HELP US REACH ONE MILLION MILES!
Hi! We're so glad you're here! Thank you so much for your interest in the Million Miles for Sturge-Weber Syndrome. For 34 years the Foundation has strived to find answers, improve medical treatments and forge opportunities in research to combat this rare disease that affects only 2% of the population.
It is the Foundation's hope through this fundraising event to:
- Raise funding for research
- Team-building for the existing our community of members
- Raise awareness of this rare disease to the general public
- Offer a healthy exercise opportunity for a cause
- Grow our volunteer and donor potential
The SWF Million Miles Event begins April 1, 2021 and ends June 30, 2021. Special "Mile Marker" incentives will be announced during the event.
To participate, please follow these quick instructions and you're all set!
1. Please fill out the registration form below and hit the "Submit" button.
2. If you are joining an established team, please have the "Team Lead" provide a link to that team page to create your personal sub-page for fundraising.
3. If you are creating your own team, or participating as an individual, please click here to create your personal fundraising page.
4. All participants, whether joining a team, creating a team, or an individual, is requested to raise a minimum of $1000. Donors may give per step or give a lump sum towards your goal. All fundraising is done through the JustGiving platform for online donations. For checks, please provide donors with the SWF home office address: The Sturge-Weber Foundation, 12345 Jones Road, Suite 125, Houston, TX 77070. Please have donors designate who should receive credit for the donation in the memo section of their check.
5. Track your steps using any app of your choice. Some examples are Fitbit, Strava, Pacer, GoogleFit, MyFitnessPal.
That's it! You're on your way to helping us make one million miles!
If you would like a great children's wellness program to get them involved, click here and download the Lurie's Children's Hospital Children's Wellness and Weight Management Program!
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS FOR THIS SPECIAL EVENT!
AXIOM GROUP ADVISORY
Qlaris Bio OCULAR THERAPEUTICS