Lace up your shoelaces because we are on a Journey to reach a Million Miles!
For 35 years the Foundation strives to find answers, improve medical treatments and forge opportunities in research to combat this rare disease that affects only 2% of the population.
It is the Foundation’s hope through the Million Miles Walk event to:
- Raise funding for research
- Team-building for our existing community of members
- Raise awareness of this rare disease to the general public
- Offer a healthy exercise opportunity for a cause
- Grow our volunteer and donor potential
The SWF Million Miles Event begins April 1, 2022, and ends July 19, 2022, with a special walk at Grapevine, Texas's 2022 International Family Conference. SWF will announce special “Mile Marker” incentives during this event.
Create a Team, register as part of an existing team, or walk as an individual. It’s all about the journey to a million miles.
Planning a fundraiser might sound intimidating but you can keep it super simple or go all out. It’s completely up to you! Listed on the right are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing. And, you can always reach out to the SWF team with any questions you may have. Email us at email@example.com.
Wacky Walk Ideas:
- Get the community involved (school, church, professional organization, or your company).
- Ask your company about matching donations for your walk fundraiser. It’s a great way to double your efforts. Make them a sponsor to give them recognition.
- Host a bike and/or walk at your child’s school track. Encourage decorating of the bikes. Ask participants to collect donations for each lap around the track.
- Host a bake sale in conjunction with a car show and walk.
- Host a “Family & Friends” picnic at a local park with fun games with a 1-mile walk, collect donations.
- Track your walking with family and friends across the country using a pedometer app. Ask them to get others to sponsor their walking with a donation per mile they walk.
- Turn your walk into a pup walk. Encourage participants to dress up their pups for the walk. It’s a huge win for you and the pups!
- Host a BBQ in your backyard then take an evening stroll around the neighborhood. Charge a “cover charge” to your event which is a donation.
- Host a Treadmill Challenge with your gym buddies.
Get creative and get your team together. It doesn't matter how you make the miles happen as long as we walk for SWF!
TO COLLECT TEAM DONATIONS ONLINE:
We make it easy to collect donations! Just direct your participants to the Official SWF JustGiving page here: www.justgiving.com/campaign/swf-million-miles-walk